Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Miss My Wave

Broken Glass 7/2/2009

What is the beach without an ocean?
Nothing but a dried up mass of broken glass.
That at some point in time, somewhere, was whole.

You come in and out of my life
Like the waves crashing upon the shore
You give a little bit.
You take a little bit.

You give me love, comfort, security
You take away my insecurities, pain, loneliness

Now usually my sand is loose
light and free.
Easily picked up by wind, going where ever it takes me.
But the closer I get to the shore I turn dense,
hard to dig through,
I guess it's the way sand protects itself from the waves...

But every time you come you still manage to take me away with you.
Every time you crash upon my shore you seem to smooth me out
You fill holes created by those who have stepped upon me
You wash away the rocks and shells that seem to bury themselves in me
You hydrate my otherwise dried up bank
And I wouldn't have it any other way.

You're so lonely out there miles away from the shore
And I'm so lifeless and dull on the other side of my berm
But together we dance, we play.
When the sun is shining upon us at day break from the horizon, we glisten.
The sun reflects on you, and you mixed with the sun makes my sand shimmer
All of that broken glass shimmers.

No comments: