Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Massa was in his quarters...

...maybe that's why he seems so angry all the time....read on, lol...


The season is changing quickly and unfortunately I've become a little under the weather. So today I decided fck it, I'm going to student health to go get some medicine. Yesterday I woke up with a fever and my head has been pounding since I've woken up this morning, I keep getting these hot and cold flashes, sneezing, coughing, achy all over, and every time I yawn it feels like I'm about to fall the hell out or like my head is gonna explode, the whole 9. So of course when I go to student health I get the doctor which whom I can't stand he always has a bad attitude (for what I dunno), very sarcastic, and his tone is just awful.

So I sit in the office facing his, smile, ask him how he's doing and he replies, very cordial, I was actually surprised. He walks in the office that I'm in and all of a sudden he looks like he has an attitude and he starts rushing through procedure, before even asking me about my symptoms he says, "What test are you trying to get out of Ma'am? What class are you missing?" I'm just looking at him like wtf, so I told him my 8am but only because I was trying to get to student health early but they didn't open till 9. (I didn't want to miss my 8am, we have good convo's in class but I also wasn't trying t get anyone sick) I wasn't even asking for a doctors note or anything.

"What's wrong with you today Ma'am?" (black doctor by the way). I say few things and he proceeds to look at my throat, "Nothing is wrong with your throat ma'am."

He was just being very sarcastic, I wanted to scream, "Nigga I'm sick wtf is you talkin bout?!?" So he asked me about my symptoms and I explained them to him.

"Ma'am have you ever experienced these symptoms before?" I'm thinking uh yeah I know when I'm fckin sick, don't try to make me look stupid, I didn't come here to get diagnosed I came to get medicine. But all I said was yeah

"You have the common cold Ma'am" No shit Sherlock...

So the nurse goes to get me some Offset and throat lozenges and it's just me and him in the room so I try to make small talk to liven up the mood because it looks like he already doesn't want to be there so I said "Guess what Dr. ______?!?"

"What Ma'am?" If this mf says Ma'am one more time...

"Well remember when I was having issues with my cycle well I lost some weight to help it and I was 185 in March and now I'm about 165." Now, I'm expecting a "Well what have you been doing to lose the weight?"or a "Wow that's nice keep up he good work.", SOMETHING, but no, he says,

"Do you know you weigh almost as much as I do?" and cocks his head to the side.

Bastard, at this point I'm ret to go and that's when the nurse came back in and I just took the medicine and was like "Are we finished?" then I left.


See, this is part of the reason why Black folk don't visit doctors, you'd like to feel cared for comfortable and like the doctor actually is concerned about you, he's just always been cold as ice, since my freshman year after having him I've always asked to be scheduled with the other doctor because he just acts like a tight ass prick, like he has a chip on his shoulder or something or like he'd rather not be working here. That's the vibe he sends out and he does it so slick, it's almost funny and my female cohorts have said the same about him and have complained about him he needs to chill with that mess before I file a complaint on his ass...

Man I'm irritated, drowsy and hungy, but thanks for listening to my rant, lol...

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

calm down folk
he was rude though

TheophaniaPaige said...

Yeah my feelings were a bit hurt, lol

Unknown said...

lol the one time i did go to the CAU health services I had that guy. he is a lil bit of an ass but in his defense he does get used a lot by kids (students(kinda)) that just want 2 get out class. The way he acts is just a defense mechanism. other than that is pretty good. not to defend him but everyone has there reasons for doin what ever it is they do.