Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Congratulations, it's a.....!!!!!

I'm going to get a lot of slack for this but this is something that's been on my mind for a while and I can't hold it anymore!!!!! Pregnancy.


Now, I don't know if people are bored, lonely, horny, if it's a fad or if they really think they're ready for a child but I swear, they thought teenage pregnancy was on the rise, try "early twenties" pregnancy. Man, I want to say about 75% of the girls I graduated with from high school were either pregnant then, pregnant now or already has a 2-4 year old child. DON'T GET ME WRONG I truly believe children are blessings but damn, this isn't 1866, we do not have to wed early or bear children early so why now? Do they not want to live their young lives to the fullest?

How I see it, you have kids early and/or marry early and have kids right away you don't really get a chance to experience your own life by yourself and I believe it is absolutely necessary to enjoy time with yourself before you start devoting yourself to someone else...and a new family. Shoot, you don't even get to know your partner as well because you're so busy working to take care of your "new accessory". You spend your lives raising your kids and when they go off to college and get along with their own lives you're stuck in this house with a spouse whom you realize you really don't know, then you start calling for your kids to come home EVERY holiday possible, even St. Patricks Day, lol...ok, a little extreme, but hey, I've seen it happen...



Ok ok, some people do have connections and they do last a long time but they are few, far between and fantasy and divorce has steady been on the rise just as single parenting. Needless to say I want a husband who fathers our children.....not a baby daddy.



I figure an average person graduates high school, then undergrad for 4-5 years, then you maybe get an apartment by yourself to fully enjoy not living under your parents wing and providing for yourself, then however long grad school takes, then maybe a doctorate, THEN you finally get to dive into your profession and maybe in the middle of all this chaos you've had time for a relationship, and depending on if it's serious or not engagement and then marriage, time alone with your spouse and then kids once you're financially and mentally stable. Whew! That's a lot and adding kids into the equation really makes things interesting...


I don't think I'm so much as surprised at the pregnancies than I am the amount of people who aren't practicing safer sex. If you're clean, your partner is clean, there's some type of BC and it's monogamous, hey, get busy and have a healthy sex life! But I don't understand the being in the heat of the moment, you had an accident...maybe it wasn't an accident, maybe you trapped him, maybe he trapped you, hmmm...because those 15 minutes of bliss are going to have you jacked up! lol, I'm wilding out a little bit on this subject but it's the truth and you know it, c'mon it's 2008 geeze! That accident could come with a whole lot more than just a baby! I think my views on certain issues have definitely gotten more rigid as I've gotten older...


Some might say I'm being insensitive, some might say these words may come and bite me in the ass some day but shit, I'm tired of keeping quiet, I'm seeing A LOT of "accidents" and that shit isn't cool in my book, sorry. But I guess it's also not my issue either, eh? BUT to all the moms and dad's handling their business and the mommies to be, I wish you nothing but the greatest that life and your bundles of joy have to offer you!!!











JMO!!! :)

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

congrats
problem is some girls, not wopmen, only want a baby daddy, and sadly think thats all a man is good for

TheophaniaPaige said...

Yes, the mentality of some of these young girls/boys is crazy!! In my 21 years on living I've come to realize that ya'll are good for other things, washing cars, fixing stuff, lol jk. I have no problem taking my time and waiting to making babies, there's just too much to experience in life before having to live for someone else, ya dig?! lol